SquidCheck Print Validation System
SquidCheck™ offers print and verification of the bar codes printed on your cases, trays, pipe, or other products. SquidCheck utilizes bar code readers from Cognex®, the world’s most trusted machine vision and industrial bar code reading company. The reader is integrated with a Squid Ink printer and SquidCheck interface to ensure that codes are present, scannable, and accurate.
Identify & Eliminate Failures From Your Production Line
SquidCheck allows users to automatically take control of your packaging line. Once a code is printed, the reader reads the code while SquidCheck communicates with the printer to confirm that this is the correct code to be printed. Code failures are identified and rejected as desired while SquidCheck safeguards that only correct and properly coded products advance to the next stage of your production line.
Capture Performance Data From Every Code
Performance data is captured, stored, and can be transferred to your business systems for evaluation or enhanced visibility. Users can receive images and feedback of each and every code, or just the errors as desired.
Analyze Print Data & Make Improvements
The SquidCheck system gathers valuable data on reader and printer performance, and automatically catalogues each code. By analyzing data trends, users can identify issues due to poor printer setup or maintenance and help improve their overall coding performance.
- Bar code print quality validation on the fly
- Performance feedback on each and every code or error if needed
- Reporting of real-time or historical data
- Traceability of your product and protection of your brand
- Elimination of rework due to missing or unreadable codes because of poor printer setup or maintenance
- Cognex reader provides best-in-class read rates
- Easy to install system and simple software
- Bar Codes – All standard including 2D
- Image Resolution – 1280 x 960 global shutter
- Image Sensor – 1/3” CMOS
- Acquisition – 10 fps
- Max Decode Rate – 10 decodes/second
- Aiming LEDs – Two green LED focusing targets
- Status Outputs – Light beacon, print verification status
- Power Requirements – 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Communication – USB input to Squid Check I/O, ethernet to reader
- Reader Dimensions Straight Position – 1.7”L x .9”W x 2.5”H (43.1mm L x 22.4mm W x 64.0mm H)
- Reader Dimensions Right-Angle Position – 1.7” L x 1.4” W x 2.0” H (43.1mm L x 35.8mm W x 49.3mm H)
- SquidCheck I/O Dimensions – 4.0” L x 3.0” W x 1.875” H (102mm L x 76mm W x 48mm H)
- Operating Temperature – 32°F – 104°F (0°C – 40°C)
- Storage Temperature – 14°F – 140°F (-10°C – 60°C)
- Operating System – Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8, Windows 10, or Windows XP (32/64 bit)