Large Format Printing Versatility
Squid Ink’s CoPilot® GeminiTM printing system is designed to print superior quality hi-resolution characters on porous or non-porous surfaces. For applications that require immediate dry times on non- porous surfaces, the CoPilot Gemini also has the capability to run UV LED curable inks. With a massive 5.6” of print height and print speeds up to 220 ft/ min, the CoPilot Gemini provides a cost effective solution for making your mark on a wide variety of products and substrates.
Budget Friendly Label Replacement
The CoPilot Gemini is designed for label replacement. Featuring Squid Ink’s largest printhead with up to 5.6” of print height, the CoPilot Gemini prints high quality 360 dpi GS1 barcodes with ease. And don’t forget that ink jet consumable costs are typically 1/10 of the cost of thermal transfer labels and eliminate preprinted cartons and SKUs of label and ribbon inventory. Get rid of the label and print directly on cartons and cases! Any way you look at it, Squid Ink’s Gemini provides users with an affordable solution to meet their ink jet coding needs.
Production Floor Functionality
Designed with the operator in mind, the CoPilot Gemini features a 4.3” full color touchscreen that allows users to access to the system’s internal messages and print functions. Messages are created and edited on Squid Ink’s easy-to- use OrionTM PC Software and transferred via USB, Ethernet, wireless, or optional Windows® tablet. The large screen 10.1” tablet is ideal for users who want message creation and editing functionality on the production floor. For larger applications, an unlimited number of CoPilot Gemini printing systems can be connected via Ethernet or wireless network and controlled through one central Orion PC.
Designed For Your Application
CoPilot Gemini utilizes the same active ink system found in Squid Ink’s CoPilot Max printing system. The revolutionary design allows users the ability to tilt or rotate the printhead in any direction without making height adjustments to the ink supply. The system prints hi- resolution characters, razor- sharp text, scannable bar codes and great looking logos at industry leading 360 DPI vertical resolution at speeds
up to 220 ft/minute. The CoPilot Gemini also features a large 500ml snap-in cartridge, allowing users the ability to swap ink cartridges in a matter of seconds. The generous ink volume, quick-change ink cartridge, and user-friendly touchscreen design allows users to keep their line running, reducing downtime and maximizing ROI.
The Performance Your Operation Needs
The CoPilot Gemini controller features increased processing power to print the messages you want, when you want to print them. Faster GUI response time and near immediate message rendering times allow the Gemini to keep up with demands of your fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The Right Solution
Large format printing. Low maintenance operation. User friendly software. Low cost of ownership. Your benefits go on and on. When it comes to industrial ink jet printing, rely on Squid Ink to provide the right solution for your coding and marking needs.
- Print Technology – Piezo impulse printhead technology
- Maximum Print Height – 5.6” (14.2 cm)
- Vertical Print Resolution – 360 dpi capable of printing razor-sharp graphics, small character text, and scannable bar codes
- Horizontal Print Resolution – 150 or 300 dpi
- Print Speed – Up to 220 ft/min at 150 dpi; up to 110 ft/min at 300 dpi
- Time & Date – Internal real time clock with battery back-up
- Product Sensor – External photocell or optional encoder
- Communication Interface – One USB host and one Ethernet input
- Touchscreen – 4.3” (10.9 cm) full color touchscreen display
- Ink Cartridge Volume – 500ml cartridge
- Low Ink Indicator – Status alert on touchscreen, light beacon optional
- Substrate Capabilities – Porous or non-porous surfaces
- Electrical Requirements – 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 65W max
- Operating Environment – 34–104°F (1–40°C)
- Agency Certifications – CE
- Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
- Bar Code Laser Scanner – Allows scan and print message retrieval
- External Light Beacon – Indicates low ink levels
- Wireless USB Device and Router – For wireless connectivity
- Windows Tablet – Pre-loaded with OrionTM software; includes mounting bracket with swivel arm, USB to ethernet cable and stylus
- Conveyor Mounting Bracket – Provides stable mount to conveyor or other material handling equipment
- Floorstand – Includes mounting brackets and legs with leveling feet; 59” (1.5m) total height
- Spring Loaded Printhead Bracket – Provides consistent throw distance with inconsistent boxes or products
- Starter Kit – Includes ink, cleaner and flush solution, printhead wipes, hand cleaner and latex gloves
- Time & Date – Full time and date functionality including expiration date and Julian Dates.
- Item Numbering – Sixteen counters, one of which can be a daily counter and production counter
- Shift Codes – Four programmable shift codes with automatic rollover
- Bar Codes – All standard bar codes including 2D
- Fonts – Arial, Arial Bold, Arial International, Arial Monospaced, Courier, Tahoma Bold and Lucida resident fonts for use in variable data elements. Static elements in any Windows® font
- Logos – Most image files supported with Orion software
- Printing Features – Reverse, invert, rotate, repeat; print on/off button
- Message Length – Up to 120” (3.05 m)
- Number of Messages – 1GB storage space will store approximately 1000+ messages
- Ink Usage – Shown in Orion software
- User Data Prompts – Prompts for user input at start of print job by manual input on touchscreen
- Wireless Connectivity – For wireless connection between PC or tablet and printer controller
- Database Capability – Ethernet communication protocol for external communication
- Languages – English, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Polish