Reliable CIJ Coding With Pigmented Inks
Squid Ink’s JetStream® PX pigmented ink CIJ printing system is designed to print superior quality small characters on a variety of substrates: porous, non-porous, smooth, textured, curved, concave and more. For applications that require high contrast, hard pigmented inks on dark colored surfaces, the JetStream PX pigmented ink printing system allows users the ability to mark their products with white and other opaque inks that show up well on dark colored surfaces. The Jetstream PX is ideal for many industries and applications including parts marking, extruded products, rubber, wire, cable, and more.
A Better Maintenance Routine
The JetStream PX is designed with the low maintenance features that users have come to rely on from Squid Ink. JetStream PX’s self-cleaning printhead with CleanJetTM maintenance routine allows quick and easy automatic start-up and shutdown. A simple press of a button sends the printer through a start-up cycle or flushes the system for shutdown. When routine maintenance is required, quick disconnect components can be swapped out within minutes eliminating the need to purchase expensive filter and pump assemblies or schedule costly service calls. To facilitate pigmented printing, an “Auto-Circulate Mode” automatically runs when the system is not jetting. A magnetic stirring bar inside the ink reservoir continuously mixes the ink, keeping hard pigments from separating, and ensuring reliable ink jet printing.
Pigmented Ink Performance
Changing fluids in the JetStream PX is simple and fast. Inks and make-ups are poured directly into the reservoirs and no mixing tank is used. In addition, no chips or RFID tags are used to lock users into a fluids hostage situation with the printer manufacturer. As a proven ink manufacturer, Squid Ink offers a comprehensive range of inks for a variety of applications and industry requirements.
The Power To Increase Productivity
The JetStream PX offers a reliable, feature rich solution for virtually any pigmented small character, primary product coding application. The system’s simple to use 10.1” color touchscreen interface features a number of options to help users make their mark on a variety of products while streamlining their coding operation. JetStream PX’s intuitive software allows users to print database messages straight from a USB drive, allowing users to print messages with variable database information. Users also have the option of selecting up to 16 quick-load messages for lines that require quick message changeover. For messages with graphic elements, JetStream PX’s onboard software lets users make changes to graphics by utilizing the systems on-board graphic editor. With JetStream PX’s intelligent system software, you can print what you want, when you want it.
Economical Primary Coding
Whether you are a seasoned pro, or if you have wanted to start printing codes on your products, but felt your budget restricted you from doing so, the JetStream PX offers a new level of economy. Operating costs are minimized with low solvent consumption. In addition, the JetStream PX utilizes fluids manufactured directly by Squid Ink, eliminating the layered costs incurred by most competitive CIJ manufacturers who don’t make their own inks. Any way you look at it, Squid Ink’s JetStream PX provides users with the lowest total cost of ownership in its class.
The Right Solution
Rugged design. Low maintenance operation. Low cost of ownership. Your benefits go on and on. When it comes to industrial ink jet coding, rely on Squid Ink to provide the right solution for your coding and marking need.
- OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
- Print Technology – Continuous Ink Jet for pigmented inks
- Nozzle Size – 60μm nozzle standard
- Print Speed – Up to 1,000 feet/minute (305m/min) 5×5 single line
- Max Print Lines – 5 lines @ 5×5 font, 4 lines @ 7×5 font matrix
- Font Matrix Configurations – 5×5, 7×5, 9×7, 12×12, 16×16, 24×24, 32×32
- Character Height – 0.07” – 0.59” (1.8mm – 15mm); up to 32 dot high font with single line of text
- Throw Distance – Up to 1.2” (30mm) distance from printhead to substrate
- Display – 1280×800, 10.1” LCD touchscreen
- Message Storage – 8GB
- Software Features – Bar codes, graphics, counter, lot counter, shift code, time and date, expiration date
- Operating Features – One button print start/stop, control print delay, reverse print, invert print, bold print, auto-start self-clean
- CleanJetTM – Quick and easy one button start/stop process for automatic self-cleaning operation
- Auto-Circulate Mode – Automatically runs when the system is not jetting to keep pigments from separating
- Communication Inputs – Photocell/trigger, encoder, reverse print, BCD select, RS232, reset counter
- Communication Outputs – Alarm light (3-color), print ready, warning
- Ports – Encoder, photocell, serial and alarm beacon, I/O, network, and USB connections
- Printhead – Compact and durable stainless steel design, omni-directional print capability
- Printhead Dimensions – 9.25” (23.5cm) long, 1.5” (3.8cm) in diameter
- Printhead Cable – Vinyl-covered armored conduit; 9.8’ (3m) umbilical length standard; 13.1’ (4m) optional
- Cabinet Construction – Stainless steel cabinet
- Cabinet Dimensions – 20.0” (50.8cm) H x 15.5” (39.4cm) W x 14.5” (36.8cm) D
- Electrical Requirements – 90 – 240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Air Requirements – 30 – 90 PSI
- Operating Environment – Between 41°F – 113°F (5°C – 45°C)
- Humidity Range – 30 – 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Weight – 53 lbs. (24kg)
- Inks – Hard pigmented inks for applications that require high contrast on dark colored surfaces; no chips or RFID tags to deal with
- Print Trigger – Optical, fiber optic, ultrasonic, laser, metal proximity, capacitive proximity
- Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
- Low Ink Light – Alerts users of low ink situations
- Mounting Brackets – Fully adjustable printhead floor stand eliminates vibration from conveyor
- Stands – Stainless cart with two shelves to hold CIJ cabinet and supplies, includes casters
- Printhead Pressurization Kit – Requires plant air
- Cleaning Kit – Includes tools and supplies for cleaning
- Four-Port USB Hub – Provides 3 additional USB ports
- Alarm Beacon – Optional warning light with bracket