IP65 Rated Small Character Coding
Squid Ink’s JetStreamTM IP CIJ printing system is designed to operate in extreme applications, like high dust, cold rooms with condensation, or washdown environments. The IP65 rated system prints up to 5 lines of superior quality small characters on a variety of substrates: porous, non-porous, smooth, textured, curved, con- cave and more. The JetStream IP offers a reliable, yet cost effective solution for the most extreme, harsh environment primary product coding applications.
Harsh Environment Capability
Thanks to the IP65 rated cabinet, the JetStream IP can print in wash-down and cold environments, including meat packing operations, cold rooms, food and produce packing, and more. And dusty environments like flour mills, cement plants, or timber yards are no problem with Jetstream IP’s pressurized system. The pres- surized printhead and cabinet helps prevent dust and fluids from entering the system and interfering with printing. As a protective measure, the printer will power down if air pressure is lost.
Designed To Increase Productivity, Everywhere
JetStream IP offers users the latest in today’s technology. The system’s simple to use 10.1” color touchscreen interface features a number of options to help users make their mark on a variety of products while streamlining their coding operation. JetStream IP’s intuitive software allows users to print database messages straight from a USB drive, allowing users to print messages with variable database information. Users also have the option of selecting up to 16 quick-load messages for lines that require quick message changeover. For messages with graphic elements, JetStream IP’s onboard software lets users make changes to graphics by utilizing the systems on-board graphic editor. With JetStream IP’s intelligent system software, you can print what you want, when you want it.
Simple To Maintain. Easy To Use
The JetStream IP is designed with the low maintenance features that users have come to rely on from Squid Ink. JetStream IP’s self-cleaning printhead with CleanJetTM maintenance routine allows quick and easy automatic start-up and shutdown. A simple press of a button commands the printer to go through a start-up cycle or flush the system for shutdown. When routine maintenance is required, quick disconnect components can be swapped out within minutes eliminating the need to purchase expensive filter and pump assemblies or schedule costly service calls. In addition, annual PMs can be made in minutes simply by swapping the entire ink system with an affordably priced refurbished system.
Economical Small Character Coding
Whether you are a seasoned pro, or if you have wanted to start printing codes on your products, but felt your budget restricted you from doing so, the JetStream IP offers a new level of economy. Operating costs are minimized with low solvent consumption. In addition, the JetStream IP utilizes ink and make-up manufactured directly by Squid Ink, eliminating the layered costs incurred by most competitive CIJ manufacturers who don’t make their own inks. Any way you look at it, Squid Ink’s JetStream IP provides users with the lowest total cost of ownership in its class.
Keep Your Production Running
Changing fluids in the JetStream IP is a simple, fast, and clean process. Clean cartridges of ink and make-up can be replaced in seconds without having to stop production. In addition, no chips or RFID tags are used to lock users into a fluids hostage situation with the printer manufacturer. As a proven ink manufacturer, Squid Ink offers a comprehensive range of inks for a variety of applications and industry requirements.
The Right Solution
Harsh environment printing. Easy to use software. Low cost of ownership. Your benefits go on and on. When it comes to industrial ink jet coding, rely on Squid Ink to provide the right solution for your coding and marking needs.
- OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
- Print Technology – Continuous Ink Jet
- Nozzle Size – 60μm nozzle standard
- Print Speed – Up to 1,000 feet/minute (305m/min) 5×5 single line
- Max Print Lines – 5 lines @ 5×5 font, 4 lines @ 7×5 font matrix
- Font Matrix Configurations – 5×5, 7×5, 9×7, 12×12, 16×16, 24×24, 32×32
- Character Height – 0.07” – 0.59” (1.8mm – 15mm); up to 32 dot high font with single line of text
- Throw Distance – Up to 1.2” (30mm) distance from printhead to substrate
- Display – 1280×800, 10.1” LCD touchscreen
- Message Storage – 8GB
- Software Features – Bar codes, graphics, counter, lot counter, shift code, time and date, expiration date
- Operating Features – One button print start/stop, control print delay, reverse print, invert print, bold print, auto-start self-clean
- CleanJetTM – Quick and easy one button start/stop process for automatic self-cleaning operation
- Communication Inputs – Photocell/trigger, encoder, reverse print, BCD select, RS232, reset counter
- Communication Outputs – Alarm light (3-color), print ready, warning
- Ports – Encoder, photocell, serial and alarm beacon, I/O, network, and USB connections
- Printhead – Compact and durable stainless steel design, omni-directional print capability
- Printhead Dimensions – 9.25” (23.5cm) long, 1.5” (3.8cm) in diameter
- Printhead Cable – Vinyl-covered armored conduit; 9.8’ (3m) umbilical length standard; 13.1’ (4m) optional
- Cabinet Construction – Stainless steel cabinet
- Cabinet Dimensions – 20.0” (50.8cm) H x 15.5” (39.4cm) W x 17.5” (44.5cm) D
- Electrical Requirements – 90 – 240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Air Requirements – 30 – 90 PSI
- Operating Environment – Between 41°F – 113°F (5°C – 45°C)
- Humidity Range – 30 – 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Ingress Protection – IP65 rated as dust tight and protected against water projected from a nozzle
- Weight – 53 lbs. (24kg)
- Inks – Comprehensive range of inks for a variety of applications and industry requirements including MEK, Acetone, and Ethanol-base; colors and soft pigment formulations available; no chips or RFID tags to deal with
- Print Trigger – Optical, fiber optic, ultrasonic, laser, metal proximity, capacitive proximity
- Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
- Low Ink Light – Alerts users of low ink situations
- Mounting Brackets – Fully adjustable printhead floor stand eliminates vibration from conveyor
- Stands – Stainless cart with two shelves to hold CIJ cabinet and supplies, includes casters
- Cleaning Kit – Includes tools and supplies for cleaning
- Four-Port USB Hub – Provides 3 additional USB ports
- Alarm Beacon – Optional warning light with bracket